Friday, February 23, 2007

Lancaster

We have finally set up our home, and are beginning to feel settled in. Although I hate parallel parking in the jeep and avoid it at all costs, I am loving living in the city. Our house is very cozy, and is beginning to feel more and more like home. We finally get our dressers today, so we won't have to live out of boxes anymore. My favorite addition to our home is our beautiful front load washer and dryer. Haha, it was a bit of a splurge, but I'm such a child and actually enjoy watching it wash the clothes. I love old houses. Ours is almost 150 years old, and it has its quirks. We have a squirrell that lives in our bathroom ceiling. We havent found the hole yet, but we sure can here it banging around up there. Joel wants to capture it and make it our pet. Ha.

I am sitting in Prince Street Cafe, a wonderful coffee shop not too far from our house. I just went to the Central Market, which is kind of a fancy market in the middle of town. I have never experienced anything like it. Vendors from Lancaster County come and sell vegetables, flowers, fruits, coffee...almost anything. It was so fun, I almost felt like I was in a different country. I love the small town feeling of this city. There are so many small shops and restaurants. I went out for breakfast with Joel's sister Sara, and we went to a small cafe called "Wish You Were Here," where they serve swedish pancakes. I have been to a couple others, like "Rachel's Creperie and Cafe," and "Seniorita Bourita." I should carry a camera, it's just that cool.

I'm enjoying being married. Joel is wonderful, and we have had a lot of fun setting up house, cleaning and cooking. Well, trying to cook. We didn't get any pots and pans off of our registry, so we are planning meals around what we can cook on a griddle or crock pot. Haha, lots of fun. Someone gave us a pot to use, so we are going to actually make more of a regular meal. Thank goodness.

No comments: