Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lancaster

I really like this cute city we live in. A lot of people in PA have this assumption that the entire city is bad. Yes, there are shootings, this week there were 4. But, just like most cities, it is isolated to certain areas. But besides the bad things, it is such a great place to live. I enjoy walking to work every day, and to central market too. The Lord has blessed us with amazing tenants and neighbors, who are our age and we see them daily. Last week we had a cookout with all the young "families" in the area. It was the first time that I have felt like the odd one out because we DON'T have children. Usually we are the only married couple. Haha.
I'm thankful it's summer. I go for walks or runs in the morning, and enjoy being outside, even in the city. I have a friend coming in a week, and I'm so exicted to show her around. If you ever come to Lancaster, there are a few places I will take you to:
  • Rachels Cafe and Creperie-french crepes of ANY kind
  • Central Market-milk in glass jugs, homemade bread and any kind of produce
  • Prince Street Cafe-a favorite for coffee and tea
  • The Mart-outside of the city, homestyle food
  • Kelley's Run-b-e-a-utiful hiking
  • Details and Papagallo-my job, but also very unique (and sadly expensive) clothing and home goods
  • Conestoga house-amazing gardens, also Joel's place of employment

And...if you stay long enough we could go to.....

  • Washington D.C.-only 2 hours away from Lancaster
  • Ocean City-again, 2 hours away
  • New York City-slightly over 2 hours away

(Oh, and I learned yesterday that Maryland is only 30 minutes away too...I'm not sure what to do there, but it's close!)

No comments: