Thursday, June 07, 2007

my day off

This week has been quite a busy one! I worked Monday-Wednesday, and again tomorrow. When I work this much the weeks fly by! I'm enjoying keeping busy with work and friends. Usually I get stressed out, but it has been a lot of fun!

Sunday we were at Hershey Park, in Hershey, PA. It's like Six Flags, but prettier to look at. Joel's company picnic was there, so we only paid $10 for both of us the whole day! It normally would be like a $130 day. The weather was poor, which made for super short lines! It was a blast. I'm starting to LOVE rollercoasters!

Last night I helped Sara, my sister in law, babysit children at a church. We get paid $40 each to play on a playground with these kids! It can be a lot of fun, plus we make $20 an hour! After that Joel and I went over to a friends house for a pool party. It was 10pm when we got there, so naturally I wasn't anywhere close to being in the pool, but we had fun hanging out and talking.

Today I have the day OFF! Yay. I am going to clean our house, and then go lay out in the sun at a friends house. It will probably be a girly day of sunbathing and swimming, which will be a blast!!

Joel is working on taking the cement steps out from the backyard with a few friends. They are the steps that go nowhere. Not really sure why they exist in the first place!

Joel has 2 more weeks at Conestoga house. Thankfully work is still coming in, slowly but surely. A friend of his owns a business, and is giving Joel a lot of projects. It's a really exciting time, but a little scary too. Exciting because we know this is where the Lord wants us to be, but scary because you never know what the Lord is going to teach you through instances such as this.

Well, I better get on top of cleaning this place if I want to spend the entire afternoon doing nothing. Haha.

I miss and love you all!

No comments: