I usually don't do these sorts of things, but I just did it on Facebook and thought it was really fun! So here are 25 random facts about myself!
1. I hate cream cheese and anything with cream cheese in the ingredients.
2. Hospitals intrigue me...I think I would enjoy being a nurse or doctor
3. I don't get into a lot of TV shows, but I do own all 10 seasons of Friends and watch it quite frequently.
4. I grew up celebrating "St. Nicks." (For those of you who don't know what it is, it's in the beginning of December, and it's when "St. Nick" fills our stockings or shoes, with candy and presents. It's a little "pre-Christmas" treat!)
5. I can juggle.
6. I used to have a problem with tripping. A LOT.
7. ...because of this I had the nickname "Grace."
8. Surprisingly, I used to be very good at gymnastics, despite the tripping issues.
9. I have lived in 6 different houses in my lifetime.
10. I love camping, hiking and all that outdoorsy stuff, but if I don't do it for a while I get all "girly" and don't really want to. Until I actually do, and then I remember how much I love it.
11. I wouldn't go on any Boundary Waters canoe trips in middle school because I couldn't imagine going without makeup or showers for that long. I eventually got over that fear.
12. I went backpacking in N.M. for a week and realized I was tougher than I thought.
13. I would choose mountains ANY day over the beach and ocean, but I do love laying in the sun listening to the waves.
14. I was in diving in high school. Just for fun. The week my coach told me I was good enough for varsity, I quit. I never regretted being in a sport just for fun.
15. I am fairly confident to drive in snow. It's the other drivers that scare me.
16. A favorite childhood memory are bike rides with my dad. We had a tandem bike, with a baby seat on the back. My dad would ride front, followed by me, and my brother Andy in the baby seat. I couldn't reach the peddles, so my dad had quite a load to pull!
17. I LOVE weddings. Looking at or taking wedding pictures, being in them, attending them, watching them on TV. If I could do ANYTHING, I would probably want to be a wedding planner. Or dress designer.
18. I have always enjoyed architecture and design. I love walking around cities and admiring the buildings.
19. I got my ears pierced when I was 5. I begged and begged, but after they pierced one ear, I wouldn't let them do the other. My mom had to bribe me to get the other one pierced. For some reason, which I can't remember, I ended up with a red stone in one ear, and a gold triangle in the other.
20. I love playing cards. My extended family plays Ons, and somehow I managed to not learn until this year. I LOVE it, and should have learned earlier.
21. I love bike rides. One summer I biked 20 miles a day. I don't think I could bike 5 today.
22. I am pregnant with our second child. We think it is a boy, but probably just because that's all we know.
23. I am learning to quilt. I'm proud of my recent project, but I also struggle with it not being perfect. Having a professional and award winning quilter for a mother, the bar is set really high :o)
24. I love to cook and bake...as long as someone else does all the dishes.
25. I could buy practically everthing I would ever need at Target. Joel wonders why people don't have seizures in Target with all the red. I hardly notice anymore.