Thursday, March 26, 2009

First Steps!

Elijah took his first steps this week! He didn't walk across the room, but he did it none the less. He won't let go of something and start walking, but rather stand up all on his own in the middle of the room and go from there. It's really cute. I'm hoping it won't be long until he's walking all over the place. It will make it a lot easier to play outside this summer!
I'm so anxious for warm weather. Since Joel and I share a vehicle, I am usually stuck at home all day. It has been a challenge, but I am learning to be very productive with my days. When it's nice, Elijah and I go for lots of walks and play at the park, but otherwise we try to be creative at home. Sometimes I go to a toddler gym and let him crawl all over the place, which he LOVES. He sure isn't intimidated by older kids pushing him around...he actually likes it! Today I told Janelle he would have been a great 2nd child, but because of it, I think he'll terrorize the new baby someday! Maybe it will be a brother, and they'll love wrestling.
Speaking of, we have an ultrasound scheduled for April 22nd! I can't believe in 4 weeks we will find out if it's a boy or girl(although we're pretty sure we know it's another boy). I'm excited to see the baby too. I had an ultrasound done at 7 weeks, and it just looks like a frog. Hard to imagine it forming into a baby at that point! Each day I feel better and better, praise the Lord. I had a lot of fear with this pregnancy that it would be another 9 months of being sick, but it was really only 6 weeks of being miserable! Maybe we'll have more than 2 children after all. I was ready to just buy a car instead of a mini van and call it quits! :o)
Lately Elijah doesn't let me sit at the computer. Maybe it's the Lords way of getting me off facebook. I don't know, but it sure makes keeping up with my blog difficult. Trying to keep whiney pants from typing the keyboard or pulling my legs is reason enough to keep my computer time short.
I'm excited to get my hands on the outside of our house this summer. I love planting flowers in our flowerboxes, and planting my tomatoes and peppers. I'm trying to talk Joel into putting a fence up in our backyard, just across the back. Ours is the only one without it, and people cut through ALL the time. We are friends with the family nextdoor, so we don't want to block them out. They said they would put one up too, and the neighbors next to them said the same. I think we'll all do it together to keep the closeness of eachother, but block out all the business of the parking lot. Since not one yard is big enough, we joke that we'll make it one big backyard and put up a swingset!
Alright, this is getting a little long. I hope you all are enjoying your week! I'm going to go play with my little dude.

2 comments:

laura sue said...

my ultrasound is scheduled for april 22nd too! 10 am at women's and babies? yours? so exciting!

Unknown said...

OH yay!!! I'm excited for you!! Do you have a video of him walking? I'm glad you are feeling better!! Praying for you guys!