Thursday, March 19, 2009

Elijah is having a much less "whiny" week than he did last week. I think he's teething, but no matter what it was, it sure was hard to get anything done! I'm feeling much better too, so as I got more and more motivated to get the house cleaned and organized, Elijah was getting more and more clingy. Thankfully, he is back to his old self this week, and busy tearing into everything! But at least it occupies his time! He also had a crazy few weeks with his nap and bedtime schedules. He went from sleeping 6:30pm-6:30am, with 2 naps, but now he's doing 8:30pm-8:30am with only 1 nap! It's been this way for about a week, so we're hoping it's here to stay. His sleeping in later gives me the chance to either catch up on sleep, or wake up before him and get ready for the day! I think daylight savings is actually what caused the switch up, but I'm thankful either way.
Like I said, I'm starting to feel better! I'm now in my 2nd trimester, and can definitely feel the difference. With Elijah I felt sick for so long, that I never really felt this relief. It's wonderful. With the exception of dinnertime, I am back to cleaning, doing laundry, eating, playing with Elijah...all the things that totally drained me or made me sick before. Dinnertime is still rough, but Joel has been great at helping me. Hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to get through making dinner...
Joel is thankful for a job, but it's not his favorite thing right now. He likes what he is doing, but has a lot of days where he wishes he was doing something else. They are finishing restoring an old home in the city. It is really coming along and looking so great! He is so good at what he is doing. Someday it will be fun to drive our kids past the house and be able to say, "Daddy worked on that house!"

No comments: