Tuesday, March 29, 2011

4 Kids!

This weekend we learned what life would look like with four kids! We had our friends two kiddo's here and it was a lot of fun, but wow, did they all keep me busy!

Their kids ages are such that they could have all been ours. They have a 4 year old boy and a little girl 10 days younger than Ella. So if we had two kids and then a set of twins...it could happen. Ha. I'm sure we looked like one big family at the park!

I loved the dynamic that more children have in a home. Not only was there double the laughter, double the mess, double the tears, etc, but it was just a lot of fun to have all the different personalities! It made me realize that I definitely do want a larger family, and I'm glad we didn't stop at two.

The whole time they were here I kept wondering if this is what it's like to be a foster parent. Bringing "new" kids into your home and having to learn what is frustrating them, what to do when they are hurting or upset, and how to adjust to different schedules. It's hard to not want to spend time with just your own children!

Granted, these kids were our close friends kids, so I knew a little bit about how they "function" and have a love for them already. But I pray that if we do decide to foster that I will be able to love each child that comes through our doors as if he or she were our own. But I'm sure it's tough!

All in all it was really enjoyable. My kids had a blast, and I felt like I really bonded with their kiddos! And I'm glad they got to get away for a few nights without kids.

Somehow through all of this, Elijah decided he is ok sleeping in his own bed again. He's been on the couch in his room for a few weeks now, but today at nap time decided he was ready for his own bed again. I think he forgot just how comfy a bed is...

I'm trying to decide when Ella is ready for a big girl bed. She still seems so little. But soon enough a baby will be needing her crib! Maybe I'll give her a trial run soon. Her crib really needs a fresh coat of paint...so maybe I'll nap her in a bed for the afternoon and see if she stays put.

I'm hoping to start to exercise a bit. We finally purchased a new stroller. Ours was so hard to maneuver, I hated taking it on walks! I love walking around the city, but it truly does take a decent stroller to do it without being in pain. But seriously, if you have ever pushed a jogging stroller and then tried to push a regular stroller, the difference is amazing. Anyway, so off on a tangent about strollers. But I do hope to walk more. I need to watch what I eat and get moving so I don't gain 50lbs this pregnancy. This dramamine has helped me eat so much more food than I normally do...

Babies are all worth the weight gained :) Well, I should probably be doing almost anything other than sitting on the computer, so I'm off to find something to do.

...funny side note about this weekend. I found the kids fish tank lid open and both boys had their sleeves rolled up. I asked what they were doing and they said they were trying to catch the fish. I'm sure glad they didn't...

No comments: