Sunday, June 05, 2011

Ella's Black Eye

<span class=


<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=


I almost began this post with "Ella got her first black eye this weekend..." but realized this is her 2nd black eye. Ha. The first time her brother dropped a wooden train tunnel on her head while I was changing her for her 1 year photo shoot. That's what big brothers are for, right? And yesterday, she fell trying to climb from the toilet to the bathroom sink. My kids are climbers. Both of them.

I was standing RIGHT there and told her not to, that she might fall! But as soon as I went to grab her, she slipped and hit her eye on an exposed pipe with shut off valve. Ouch! Poor, sweet, Ella bear. It's quite a shiner! The worst of it is in the crease of her eyelid, so it's a bit hard to see. Thankfully, it doesn't bother her and she seems to be seeing alright! Thank goodness for small injuries. My kids might be climbers, but they aren't "big" fallers. Just a few bumps and bruises along the way.

No comments: