Friday, November 08, 2013

Happy Birthday Elliana!
















































Elliana. My little girl. 

My, not so little anymore, girl.

You are FOUR now. 

Four.

Sometimes it's as if I cannot even remember what it was like when you were 1,2 & 3.

But then I look back on all these pictures and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Your tiny body in an incubator in the NICU. 5lbs of sweet baby girl. 

The smell of hospital hand soap takes me back instantly to our first days together. 

You were so tiny I was nervous to hold you. Afraid I might break you!

I remember you sleeping in your baby swing in our room for months-you hated to sleep.

One day you decided you loved sleep, and have slept like a rock ever since.

From day one, you have adored your big brother.

Crawling across the floor after him. Sharing a bedroom. Your constant companion.

Your tiny little lady like features...

...and your little staggered toes. Just like your daddy.

You have always been quiet. 

Quiet, but fierce.

You have a strong spirit, sweet Ella. Your stubbornness brings lots of challenges between us. 

But you don't give up. 

Many days it gets you into trouble, but someday you will change the world.

You are the most creative child I have met. 

The world around you is your canvas (...and the fridge, the walls, the floors, the furniture, your brothers). You imagine and make believe, and I LOVE it. I hope to learn how to help you harness that creativity. But just as you have things to learn, this mama of yours needs to learn how to let you run wild with the way your beautiful mind runs.

You are the best sister your brothers could ask for. You love them, you care for them, and you accommodate their "needs" much more than I would suggest. You are selfless. You give up things for them without missing a beat.

And the thing that amazes me? It is never out of guilt. I have never seen a little girl so selfless. You have a servants heart, with a love of giving of yourself and your things.

It makes this mama proud.

Elliana Grace. You're our girl. We are so blessed to be your parents, and Elijah and Jude are blessed to be your brothers. 

We love you, baby girl.



No comments: