Monday, April 24, 2006

Snow!?!

Yep...we have snow today. Saturday I was sunbathing in shorts and a tank top, and today I have a sweater and multiple layers on. This crazy Colorado weather!
I am getting really bad about updating this thing. I'm getting very anxious to come home...only 23 days! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. My wonderful family took a bunch of my stuff home for me, and I'm going to start packing things already. As much as I love my roommates, I can't WAIT for my own space! I can't believe the month of April is almost over. There has been so much going on that time is flying by! My friend came and visited 2 weeks ago, then my family, and this weekend my friends sister Sarah was out here. She stayed in my room and we had such a good time!
Friday we took Sarah into town and showed her all around. Starbucks, Grandma's Cookies, Safeway...all the usual places here :o) We ran into our friend Derek (Starbucks employee) and we went to his home and watched movies. Saturday I laid outside all day, reading and talking with Sarah and some roommates. Saturday night we went to Boulder. It was SO fun! We became "famous," at a sunglasses shop. They let us put on any pair of glasses we wanted and got our pictures taken for their window. I tried on Versace sunglasses ($200!) and the guys put on crazy glasses. It was super fun. We also "people watched." It's a fun thing to do in Boulder...there are interesting people there! Sunday I went to church, and then to my "adoptive familys" home. They are SO fun, and we have really great discussions. They have 3 little children who are adorable! I get to go there again tomorrow :o)
I went up to the base of Long's and Twin Sisters and walked around a lake. It was like a nature hike! We saw a snake, elk, prairie dogs, played with a leech, and fed chipmunks...OUT OF MY OWN HAND! It crawled right up into Sarah's hand...then bit her! Haha. It was so funny.
Now I'm off to Starbucks...what else is new. Ha.

No comments: