Friday, November 30, 2007

Almost December 1st!

I love love LOVE decorating for Christmas, just ask my mother. When I was home, I always begged to put the tree up...and once they bought an artificial tree, they let me put it up the day after Thanksgiving! My poor husband. I helped decorate the boutique I work at the first week in November, and ever since then I have been aching to decorate our own home. I was really excited when Thanksgiving came around, because that meant decorating the tree came next! However, I learned that we have a difference in opinion when it comes to WHEN we decorate the house. He could care less what it looks like, but he likes to wait until after December 1st to do anything! So needless to say, you can understand how excited I am that tomorrow is finally December 1st and that we are buying a Christmas tree tonight!

A woman I work with blessed us this week with letting me borrow all her maternity clothes! She let me go through all of them and take what I could use! I came home with over 20 shirts, and a few other items too! She was so generous...I don't really need any more things for a while! I think I have a better wardrobe than before I was pregnant!

I'm working at the candy stand in Central Market today. It's a really cute stand that gets a lot of business, so it should keep me busy for a few hours. Everyone asks if it is hard to keep from eating all the candy...but if you have ever stared at hundreds of different types of gummy candies...the smell alone is nauseating, much less the thought of eating all of it. I usually have no problem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you post a pic of your FABulous tree when it's decorated. After seeing what you did at details I can't wait to see yours...Mom

Christensen 5 said...

We just decorated this week so I totally understand your zeal for decorating. I have tried to do some scaled-down decorating as everything will have to come down after the baby comes. I hope you and your little guy enjoy decorating!