Monday, December 03, 2007

Sick

Yesterday was quite a day. I woke up feeling sick in the middle of the night, but that's pretty usual for me. The whole "morning/noon/night sickness" has yet to truly wear off. But, it ended up being the flu...which was a whole lot more than just pregnancy sickness! I couldn't keep anything down all day. I never realized how hard it is to get a hold of a doctor or nurse on a Sunday! I called the women's and babies hospital, and they told me to call my ob/gyn to get the doctor on call to answer my question. When I got the nurse I explained what was happening and just wanted to know what I should do about it, and her response was, "Do you feel it is an emergency?" When I told her I wasn't sure, that's what I was trying to find out, she replied that, "this number is for emergencies only, ma'am." Good, glad she could help. Thankfully, my aunt who is a nurse, told me what I should do and that it wouldn't be dangerous to the baby unless it had been a few days of not eating or drinking.
But by 10:00pm I still wasn't able to drink a sip of anything, so we went to the emergency room. I had no idea how busy the Lancaster General E.R. was, even at that time of the night! We don't have an urgent care clinic, so if you get sick off business hours, everyone comes there. Joel found it funny how fast they put me in a room-probably because of being pregnant.
I cannot tell you how glad I am that we went in! They gave me fluids through an IV, and also anti nausea medicine, which made me feel so much better! I have been able to drink water ever since, and feel like a different person today. I'm really hoping Joel doesn't catch it, although he probably won't get as sick as I was. He always seems to get the lighter end of an illness, if he even gets it at all!
So that was yesterdays adventure. Saturday Joel worked really hard on our basement, it looks so good! I'll have to take pictures again soon-if we ever fix our camera! While Joel was doing that, I was busy decorating the house and Christmas tree! I will post a picture of our tree...its SO large!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Borrow Cake's camera so you can take some pics darling daughter! Mum

Anonymous said...

Borrow Cake's camera so you can take some pics darling daughter! Mum

Anonymous said...

Looks like Blogger hiccuped and posted my comment twice.