Monday, January 21, 2008



We need to put a second coat of paint on the walls, but it's beginning to look like our old living room again! I'm really excited to be done with this whole project, but it has been a lot of fun working on it with Joel. We both have put a lot of work into it (although I will admit he works a lot harder on it than I do!). The first two pictures are of the paint job in progress, and the third picture is of Andy and Kent cleaning up after helping Joel sand the drywall. I guess vacuuming each other is one way to clean up all the dust!
I can't believe it's Monday already! We kept pretty busy all weekend. Saturday started with a trip to Lowes (like every Saturday lately...I love tagging along!) and then we worked on the baby room. Joel started putting up the walls in the basement, while I worked upstairs. We hung out with friends at the Cafe Saturday night, which is always a lot of fun. Sunday we spent the day with Joel's family. It was really great to spend a full day with them. His dad had open heart surgery on Wednesday, and was able to come home Sunday! He is doing very, very well. We had fun playing games and watching the Packer game.
It is SO cold in our house right now. My thermometer says 57 degrees. Our heat isn't working very well (not like it ever does), but I'm bumming around the house with a winter hat on, I'm that cold. We only have baseboard heat in our living room and kitchen, and a small heater in the bathroom and bedroom. We are going to try to find a new solution, because it's not working too well!!
Well, I should get going...I'm going to paint and finish cleaning up!

No comments: