Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Dry wall is being hung today! YAY! I can almost smell the paint now. Joel said once it's done it will be my turn to work for a Saturday while he watches the kids. I love painting, so that gets me really excited! Now to pick a color we can both agree on :)

I walked into the living room a little while ago after I showered and got myself ready and the dry waller said, "Woah! You have long hair? Did you just grow it or is it a wig?" I realize that as a mom I don't shower and do my hair that often, but thanks for the reminder that I should ditch the ponytail and hat more often. Haha.

Tonight we are playing broomball with our young adults group. Should be a blast. I haven't played for a while! For those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically hockey played with brooms and a soccer ball. Plus instead of skates you just run on the ice in sneakers. Sounds dangerous, huh? I always come back with lots of bruises, but it's always worth it. I think Joel might play hockey as well, but last time he dislocated his shoulder, so hopefully he'll just skate around a bit. Afterwards we are hanging out with friends to ring in the new year. I'm so thankful for a mother in law who is watching our kids so we can go out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the joy of painting. I'm sure y'all will pick out a great color! I read your request the other day for helpers to paint - you know I'd love to! We still have a "business" open in PA, I wonder if we'll ever get to move there??Hope you guys had a great time playing broomball, sounds like fun!! Miss you guys!

Kelly Hess said...

Just say when...haha you are always welcome! We miss you guys a lot. Joel was saying he's going to call Bobby soon. Hopefully one of these days I'll catch you online!