Friday, August 05, 2011


Life has been moving at a bit slower pace these days. Trying to rest as much as possible is getting a bit old for this mom and her kiddo's.

A few weeks ago I went in for my non-stress test and midwife appointment, and a few contractions were showing up on the NST. When they checked me and I was already 3cm dilated, they sent me over to triage to make sure I wasn't in labor. They pumped me full of fluids and although contractions didn't stop, I didn't progress either. So, they sent me home and told me to take it easy for the next week and to avoid lifting, housework, etc. I was 34 weeks along, and they wanted me to at least get to 36. So! Today I am 36 weeks and still no baby-which is good! But I'm a bit tired of taking it easy and not getting some stuff done. Next Friday, the baby is considered "full term," and I'll be allowed to do do normal things again.

Baby appears healthy and there are no signs of severe fetal anemia. Yeah! Although the ultrasound is very accurate in revealing severe anemia, it's not perfect. So they want to induce me at 39 weeks. It's safer to treat just the baby then to try to treat us both. I'm not super excited to be induced, especially if it doesn't seem as though the baby is in danger, but I'll trust the doctor on this one. It's much scarier to let anemia set in then to be induced!

For so long it felt like I had FOREVER until the baby was due, and now I can't believe I only have 3 weeks to go, at the most! We are so excited to meet this little guy.

Elijah and Ella are turning into such good buddies. They fight about EVERYTHING but are really starting to play together. It's so cute. I'm glad they are starting to entertain each other before the baby comes.

Ella turns 2 in three weeks. I can't believe it! She's definitely turning into a sassy little toddler. Not sure I'm ready for it...

On another note, we no longer have Trigger. Although he was a big nuisance, over the past few weeks he got super skinny and started to seem sick. The vet wanted close to $400 to diagnose him, but the prognosis wasn't going to be positive (vet assumed diabetes, liver failure or a thyroid problem-none of which are obviously curable), so we decided to not fork over that kind of money when there wasn't anything to be done anyway. We took him to the humane league, and they put him down. Poor kitty.

It's been weird not having a cat around! I always think I see him around, haha. I still am not used to being able to leave a glass of water on the counter without thinking he drank from it. We are going to get a kitten in the near future, the kids keep asking about Triggs.

Well, I better get going. Elijah has a fun afternoon with Grandpa planned, and I want to get a few things done before then so I can hang out with Ella while he's gone. Just a quick little update!

No comments: