Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Monday

Stephanie "The Princess" Miller
We not only have the Stanley Hotel, where the movie Dumb and Dumber was filmed, but
we also found the "Shaggin' Wagon!" (Also part of the movie...)

My fun roommates in front of who knows what....
At Kind Coffee: Me, Kristin and Joel
I had a really great weekend...it was super hard to get up Monday morning! Friday I hung out at Kind Coffee for a couple hours, then went over to Stephanie's adoptive family's home to play games and hang out.

Saturday was roommate bonding day. We slept until 11, then went into Longmont. We shopped at the new Walmart Supercenter, Target, and finished at Coldstone. We found a bunch of things to take pictures in front of... Saturday night I hung out with Laura, Joel and Andy. We watched The Mighty Ducks 1 and 2, but haven't been able to finish the 3rd one. In the middle of our movie, we were attacked by like 8 guys in camoflauge, pointing their airsoft guns at our faces, with lasers and everything. They wanted their computer back. Haha, the guys on campus can be so crazy!

Sunday was a really good day! I went to church and got to see my new adoptive brother! Bobby and Stacy had a beautiful little boy, Dominic Matthew, and I got to hold him too! Later that afternoon we went to the church superbowl party, at Covenant Heights, a Christian camp. We played an intense game of broomball. It was a blast...I scored a goal! There was no goalie in the goal so I hit the ball towards it. There was NO way the ball was going in before the goalie got to it, the ball was moving slower than the goalie. So I dove on my stomach, stick stretched out in front of me, and tapped it in! It was so funny...I'm usually not so hard core :o) Not many of the Ravencrest students had ever played or heard of broomball, so it was a blast watching them play. After broomball, Kristin and I went with Joel to his adoptive family's home. Fritz and Dorothy are so wonderful! I had been there once before, but this time was so great. They are an older couple, with many fun stories to tell about children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren. She made us dinner and dessert, then we went upstairs and Dorothy showed us some awesome antiques while Joel helped on the computer. She has a "princess room," that she offered to Kristin and I for whenever we want to spend the night. It is the girliest room ever. We are very excited to spend time with her. We even told Joel we are stealing his adoptive family from him.

Yesterday I sat through all my morning classes, then sat in Kind Coffee all day! From 1:30-6:30! We had access to the internet, so my computer is finally fixed! I'm very thankful that he could fix it all.

No comments: