Sunday, March 11, 2007

Babel

"Pain is universal, but so is hope... A tragic accident in Morocco sets off a chain of events that will link four groups of people who, divided by cultural differences and vast distances will discover a shared destiny that ultimately connects them...An outstanding international ensemble cast in this breakthrough film."

A movie starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett recently came out on video, called Babel. It is the most intriguing movie I have ever seen. Painful, yet something about it draws you in. It shows such despair in the lives of people in four different sets of events. The devastation in the lives and the sadness that is this movie is so strangely captivating...yet not in such a way that I consider it "entertaining." Now after seeing this movie, I'm surprised that Brad Pitt starred in it. It is such a unique movie, I really recommend it only because it makes you think SO much. (Note: this is an intense movie with quite a bit of nudity and sexuality). I'll write more about it when I can put words together to explain what it left on my mind...it's a lot to soak in.

No comments: