Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Parking Violation

We joke that all the parking tickets in Lancaster city are what pay for the 4th of July fireworks downtown. Since living here, we have had 4. We are not allowed to park, in front of our own homes, for more than 2 hours without buying a parking pass. Anyway, Joel and I bought a pass, and we haven't had a problem since! (although we still find it a bit ridiculous that we have to pay to park in front of our own home) SO, of course, when I borrow my sister in laws car, and put our pass in it, I would forget to put it BACK in the jeep.

Knowing that I didn't have a pass on our car, I knew that I would have to move it every two hours today. So, at around 12:00, I ran out, moved my car 4 spaces forward, and went back in the house. I swear not even 10 minutes later, while dusting my windowsill I see that meter maid ticketing our jeep! I ran out and asked her what she was doing. Not only did she ignore me at first, she proceeded to tell me that my jeep has been parked here for over 2 hours. I told her exactly what I did, and asked if it was a problem that I only moved it 4 spaces. She said "no, that's fine." So, to prove that I "Did NOT move my car," she showed me the chalk line, that was STILL on my tire, and told me, "You DID NOT move this car!" She said the chalk line would not still be there if I truly had moved my car, that even moving 20 feet would have removed it, slapped that ticket on my car and told me if I had a problem with it, to appeal it!!

So now, I have to pay $25 to the City of Lancaster, for not only following the rules (I did what I was supposed to!), but being talented enough to have the chalk mark still on my tire, in the exact same spot she put it in after moving our jeep.

No comments: